Shockwave Therapy at First Care Centre
Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses high-energy acoustic waves to address various musculoskeletal conditions. During a shockwave therapy treatment, a device delivers controlled shockwaves to the affected area of the body. These shockwaves help stimulate the body’s natural healing process by increasing blood circulation, promoting tissue regeneration, and reducing pain.
One of the significant advantages of shockwave therapy is that is does not require surgical intervention or the use of medications. This treatment is considered safe with minimal side effects, which include temporary soreness or redness in the treated area.
Conditions Shockwave Therapy Can Help Treat:
- Plantar fasciitis (heel pain)
- Achilles tendonitis (inflammation of the Achilles tendon)
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylitis)
- Patellar tendonitis (jumper’s knee)
- Rotator cuff tendonitis (shoulder pain)
- Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)
- Hip bursitis
- Shin splints (medial tibial stress syndrome)
- Stress fractures
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain
- Trigger points (muscle knots)
One treatment is typically administered in several sessions, and each session lasts around 10 to 20 minutes.
However safe, shockwave therapy is not for everyone. Fill out the form below, or give us a call today to find out if shockwave therapy is right for you!